CHOA Heavy Oil 101
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Ever wonder what heavy oil and oilsands is really all about? The Canadian Heavy Oil Association’s new course, Heavy Oil 101: Well to Wheels, offers the complete picture of where this important industry fits into the energy mix in North America and around the world.
Presented by industry professionals, Heavy Oil 101 provides the foundation to enable individuals to participate in informed dialogue around Canada’s heavy oil and oilsands industry, and better filter what they hear about it in the media.
From geology and recovery processes to refining and markets, participants will understand the full life cycle of oilsands crude, and the challenges and innovations driving its environmental sustainability far into the future.
The course will also open up for a discussion of the challenges driving the industry today, including how technical innovation and sustainability issues are changing the face of the heavy oil and oil sands industry.
This course is ideal for those seeking greater knowledge of the heavy oil and oilsands industry, including:
• Technical experts wanting to gain an over-arching framework for their day-to-day work
• Those new to the heavy oil and oil sands industry, including international players
• Investors, government or communications specialists seeking to better understand one of the most important economic drivers of the Canadian economy today.
• The Industry in Context
• Upgrading, Transportation & Marketing
• Environment, Technology & Innovation
• Recovery Processes
• Open discussion and closing panel
Visit choa.ab.ca to register!